Our Quest to Empower Girls Across The Globe
In much of the developed world, there has been steady progress toward gender equality. That however is not true in Liberia nor in most of Africa. The opportunities for women in Sub-Saharan Africa are severely restricted by their limited access to education and skills training. As a result, they are often subjected to gender-based violence, forced to marry and begin a family at a very early age, and are unable to escape the vicious cycle of poverty.
ICF wants to start a wave of change—breaking stereotypes and empowering young women with the dreams and the skills to achieve their full potential and in turn, to favorably impact their families, their communities, and their nation.
Every gift gets us one step closer to completing construction of the girls college in Liberia. Donations of every size make a difference, and when you give at one of these levels you can see your money directly put to work:
- $100 will help open doors for future generations of women.
- $500 helps provide the labor for the school or books for the library!
- $1,000 will provide several windows or doors for the Girls College.
- $10,000 will provide a shipment of desks and furniture, or cover the cost of plastering the main level.
- $25,000 will provide materials for the entire foundation of the college.
- $250,000 will provide the materials and labor to build the entire Ground Floor of the Girls College. You would also have the opportunity to name the Girls College as a legacy to yourself or someone special (ICF has final name approval).