ICF Provides Millions in Sustainable Programs and Services
In 1980, Dr. David Bruenning participated in a mission trip to Central America. First-hand, he witnessed extreme poverty in Honduras and the effect that it had on children. He was so moved by the experience that upon his return to Wisconsin, he gave up his lucrative career and committed his life to helping those in greatest need. That year, David and a small group of volunteers founded The International Children’s Fund. For the last 40 years, this volunteer-based organization has made a truly incredible impact on the lives of desperately poor children and their families in rural Africa and India.
The ICF Difference
You may be asking yourself – what makes ICF different from other charitable organizations? These attributess make ICF unique:
- We Go Where Others Will Not – We primarily operate in rural villages in Africa and India where logistics often frustrate traditional relief efforts.
- We Operate Locally – We have a network of dedicated indigenous pastors – “boots on the ground” in the villages – who serve as our eyes and caring hands within the local communities.
- We are Committed to Making a Sustainable Difference – We support programs that sustain life (like food distribution, housing, and medicine) and programs that create self-sufficiency (like farming, water wells, educational programs, and micro-commerce).
- We are Volunteer-Based – We use volunteers rather than highly paid staff to stretch each dollar of donations to deliver the maximum benefit to those in need.
- We Have a Long History of Success – We have been delivering services to desperately poor children and their families for more than 40 years.
Our unique structure allows us to be both effective and highly efficient. During 2020, more than 99% of our total revenues went to program services, with less than 1% for fundraising and administration.
This performance has earned us the highest rating from watchdog organizations like Charity Navigator and Great Non-Profits.
“He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.” He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.
Progress Supporting Lasting Change
- The ICF provided 1.2 million nutritious meals to those at risk of starvation.
- We drilled 11 new water wells, providing safe drinking water to more than 30,000 villagers who did not previously have access to this vital resource.
- We supported the construction of 2 fish farms and one large animal husbandry project.
- The ICF delivered more than 3 million doses of medicines to treat people with illnesses ranging from malaria to AIDS.
- We distributed 33,000 insecticide-treated mosquito nets to protect against malaria.
- We offered deworming and jigger eradication medicines to thousands of children.
- We supported the construction of school facilities in Liberia and Ghana, along with a large supply of schoolbooks and educational materials.
Together We Make A World of Difference
Please join us in our efforts to help make a sustainable difference in the lives of desperately poor children and their families. For more information, please visit our website at www.icfaid.org or call our office at 920-729-5721.
Please know that every gift, no matter how large or small, is an answer to our prayers and an investment in the life of a child.
Thank you and God Bless,
Dr. David Bruenning
Fund the forces helping meet the needs.