For more than 40 years, the International Children’s Fund has been committed to making a sustainable difference in the lives of desperately poor children and their families. We therefore support programs that sustain life (like food distribution, housing, and medical services) and programs that create self-sufficiency (like farming, animal husbandry, fish farms, water wells, educational programs, and micro-commerce).
As a volunteer-based organization, we strive to deliver the most program services at the lowest cost. Our efforts are recognized by the charity rating services who consistently award us their highest rating.
With your support during 2021, we were able to make an incredible impact. The enclosed Annual Report provides a brief summary of our progress during 2021. We highlight a few of the more noteworthy accomplishments:
- We drilled 13 new water wells providing safe drinking water to an estimated 40,000 villagers who did not previously have access to this vital resource.
- We delivered more than 3 million doses of medicines to treat people with illnesses ranging from malaria to AIDS.
- We distributed 33,000 insecticide treated mosquito nets to protect against malaria.
- We supported the construction of school facilities in Togo, Ghana, and Kibera along with the supply of large quantities of schoolbooks and educational materials.
- We started the construction of a Girls College in Liberia which will empower tens of thousands of young women to break the chains of poverty and gender inequality.
Thanks to your support, during 2021 ICF delivered more than $68 million worth of program services through our 15 indigenous pastors in 7 impoverished countries.
Update on Girls College
We are pleased to report that the foundation work on the Girls College in Monrovia, Liberia is complete and the walls on the first floor are currently being built. You can visit our website for regular project updates on this exciting project which will change the lives of tens of thousands of young women in Africa. Be sure to subscribe to our email list so you don’t miss any updates on the project!
Together We Make A World of Difference
Although we should be proud of the progress that we made in 2021, we continue to face many critical needs. Regular giving helps us support the wonderful work of the Living Word Mission along with countless other programs promoting sustainable improvements in the lives of desperately poor children and their families. We call these donors Hope Ambassadors because they help ICF to provide hope to those who truly face life and death needs in Africa and India.
Please consider becoming a Hope Ambassador. I encourage you to learn about this important program. Every gift, no matter how large or small, is an answer to our prayers and an investment in the life of a child.
Thank you and God Bless, Dr. David Bruenning Founder/Int’l Director
Fund the forces helping meet the needs.